HEAD OF INNOVATION
Amazing team, work from home, opportunity to influence
The ultimate opportunity for a digital-news junkie with extensive paid-social campaign experience who excels at researching and developing new technologies. You’ll work-from-home but still be part of a dynamic company culture with great benefits!
Social News Desk was founded in 2010 by two journalists who were on a mission to help local news succeed on Facebook and Twitter. Since then, the company has exploded as the world’s preeminent social media management software tool for newsrooms.
- We’re on the leading edge of social media strategy and software for news.
- We offer great benefits and a fun working environment.
We’re looking for a full-time innovation lead with expert-level knowledge of paid-social strategy. The ideal candidate will also have a record of success with business development and a robust understanding of local news operations. Digital Agency experience a plus. This is a management position which will report to the President of Social News Desk and is considered a leadership role. Occasional travel to conferences and client meetings is required. Duties include:
- Identify and forecast key growth opportunities with detailed business models.
- Research and develop new technologies with focus on paid-social.
- Develop product roadmap and direct feedback loops.
- Oversee product launch and client onboarding.
- Build direct relationships with clients; may include 1:1 training and campaign management.
- Surface creative, innovative ideas in a competitive space.
- Collaborate with SND Leadership on company vision.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY:
Are you an expert in paid-social campaigns with a startup mindset? Do you want to help the local news industry revolutionize the way it monetizes on social media? Then you might be the perfect fit for #TeamSND! The ideal candidate is self-motivated with strong management and organizational skills. We offer top benefits in an exciting and growing industry. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Wherever you are! This position is work-from-home. Employees are required to maintain their own in-home office space which is dedicated, quiet, professional and suitable for webcam discussions with clients. Standard office hours are 9am-6pm ET with some off-hours work expected when customer needs warrant.
Please send your resume to Kim Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org before December 14th, 2018. No phone calls, please.